Monday, February 7, 2011

Two Sick Kids and a Broken Treadmill – But It Didn’t Stop Me!

     That’s right.  Life happened again.  Although, this time it was different.  I didn’t stop training for my 5k.  First, my oldest daughter got hit with a nasty flu virus.  She was very sick, and it lasted 10 long days.  After she recovered from the worst of it, it was my youngest daughter’s turn.  In the meantime, my treadmill broke.  The electronic panel would not turn on.
     I did not want this unfortunate chain of events, to stunt my Train for 5k progress.  Given the fact that we are in the height of winter in Pennsylvania, I was not about to go outside to run.  (Sorry, running on ice would definitely cause more harm than good!)  However, I continued training by doing high impact aerobic videos and some light weight lifting. 
     My husband was able to fix the treadmill, and today was my first day back on my Train for 5K plan.  I started right where I left off, on my training schedule.  Surprisingly, it was easier than ever!  I completed my 3.1 mile run/walk in 46:02.  And I feel great!        

No comments:

Post a Comment