Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Week One Progress Report

     Week one is completed!  I made it through my 5k training schedule for week one.  I feel great and I even lost 3 pounds.  I started my week two training schedule.  It requires me to run for 90 seconds, followed by a 2 minute walk.  I repeat this pattern until I have gone 3.1 miles.  Yesterday, it took me 46 minutes and 50 seconds, which is a slight improvement from last week.  I have made a little progress and now I will just keep running.

     This week I learned the importance of stretching. I felt so much better on the days I stretched after I ran.  On the days I was pressed for time and did not stretch, my muscles felt tight the rest of the day. 
 
     I also learned that I have to be intentional about scheduling my running time.  If I just try to haphazardly fit it in sometime during the day, it is easy to run out of time.  If I schedule it and include running on my to do list, I am sure to complete my 5k training plan for that day.   

No comments:

Post a Comment